I took my inspiration from Real Simple magazine; their recipe used ground turkey and leftover stuffing to create a meat loaf with marmalade glaze”. I took my gluten-free and vegan stuffing, added cooked brown lentils, and mixed my with mustard to create the glaze.
vegan, gluten-free, reduced-sugar diets
low-sodium or migraine diets
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for recipe posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Tuesday reviews, and sometimes Wednesday essays, Thursday how-to’s, and monthly giveaways on the last Friday of the month. We support Meatless Monday.
Stuffing "neat" loaf with cranberry sauce glaze
- 1/2 cup white rice (120 g)
- 3 tbsp flax seeds (ground) (20 g)
- 1-1/2 cups lentils cooked brown or green (300 g)
- 3 cups stuffing (leftover) (340 g)
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (chutney) (120 g)
- 2 tbsp mustard (prepared) stone-ground (30 g)
- Lightly rinse the rice, then add 1 C. (250 ml) filtered water. Cover, bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Leave the lid on and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl while the rice is cooking, mix the ground flax seeds with 6 T. (90 ml) filtered water. Let sit at least five minutes to gel.
- Add the lentils and mix thoroughly. Add the stuffing and mix. Add the cooked rice and mix, mushing everything until it's very sticky and holds together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, folding to fit. Spray with cooking spray. Fill with the loaf mixture and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Mix glaze ingredient thoroughly, then spread evenly over the loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm and brown around the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes.
- Carefully use the parchment to pull the loaf from the pan, return it to the rack and let sit another 15 minutes. DO NOT CUT SOONER or it will fall apart.
- Use a serrated knife to slice.
- 436 calories
- 9 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 1364 mg sodium
- 21 mg potassium
- 78 g carbohydrate
- 5 g fiber
- 20 g sugars
- 10 g protein
- 11 Weight Watchers Points Plus