Summer in a bowl. Our Farmer’s Market is on Thursday afternoons, so I might head out today and choose some fat organic tomatoes, a bell pepper, and a bunch of fragrant basil to make this tomato-basil soup in a few minutes.
The key to this soup is uber-ripe, local, organic produce. The flavored olive oil and touch of vinegar makes the flavors sing!
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, reduced-sugar diets
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Tempting Tuesday photos, Wednesday essays, and Flashback Fridays recipe posts. We support Meatless Monday.
Farmer's Market chilled tomato-basil soup
- 1 bell peppers red, yellow, orange
- 3 tomatoes about a pound (450 g)
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin) preferably citrus-infused
- 1 handful basil leaves (fresh)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Wash and core the pepper. Wash and core the tomatoes.
- Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. I reserved a few small basil leaves to garnish the soup.
- If desired, serve with a dollop of cashew yogurt or your favorite plain yogurt.
- 130 calories
- 10 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 147 mg sodium (7 mg sodium with sea salt omitted)
- 320 mg potassium
- 8 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fiber
- 6 g sugars
- 1 g protein
- 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus