To celebrate Valentine’s Day, and my book’s birthday, I’m sharing these super-easy treats. They taste like a cross between fudge and truffles, and definitely chocolatey, but they’re totally migraine-friendly! For those of you following The Migraine Relief Plan, you’ll especially love how easy these are to make from just five ingredients. Store in the freezer for a treat any time. Enjoy.
Sweet sun-carob hearts
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter unsalted for low-sodium version
- 1/2 cup coconut oil extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract can sub 2 teaspoons peppermint extract for mint version
- 40 drops stevia (organic) liquid stevia extract, suggest vanilla flavor
- Melt all ingredients over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into silicone molds. If you don't have molds, line a square or rectangular dish with parchment paper.
- Freeze until solid. Pop out of molds (or cut into squares). Store in the freezer.