The original recipe, which called for pan-grilled chicken, came from Shape magazine, but is no longer on their website. After making my own tofu “cheese,” which has the crumbly texture and sharp salty tang of feta cheese, I decided to make a new vegan version of this.
vegan, gluten-free, reduced-sugar diets
low-sodium or migraine diets
Spinach salad with oranges and tofu "feta"
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 oranges
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup spinach preferably baby (50-75 g)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (fresh) (10-15 g)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 ounces tofu
- Cut the orange in half lengthwise, and peel one half, then cut into sections.
- Juice the other half of the orange and whisk together with the apple cider vinegar and the mustard.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet until golden brown.
- Assemble the salad, crumble the tofu "feta" over it, and then add the dressing.
- You can also use reduced-fat feta cheese if you don't have tofu cheese, or mix up the dressing 30 minutes before serving and marinate crumbled firm tofu in it.
- 402 calories
- 8 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 2 g monounsaturated fat
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 764 mg sodium
- 1044 mg potassium
- 67 g carbohydrate
- 9 g fiber
- 52 g sugars
- 10 g protein
- 10 Weight Watchers Points Plus