Another super-simple salad that is unprocessed food at its best, just in time for October Unprocessed.
Beautiful organic peppers and yellow pear-shaped cherry tomatoes combine with fresh basil and just a touch of olive oil and lemon juice. If you have bell peppers that are past their prime, roasting them is an excellent way to use them up!
Click here to learn how to roast red peppers the easy way.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, reduced-sugar diets
Roasted red pepper and cherry tomato salad
- 2 bell peppers red, large
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes yellow
- 3 sprigs basil leaves (fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt pink Himalayan (omit for low-sodium diets)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- If you can't find yellow tomatoes, use regular cherry tomatoes with orange or yellow bell peppers. Just as pretty!
- Roast the peppers, peel and cut into thin slices.
- Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Julienne (roll up and cut into fine ribbons) the basil leaves.
- Toss everything in a serving bowl with the juice from the lemon half, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 88 calories
- 4 g fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 3 g monounsaturated fat
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 563 mg sodium (1 mg sodium with salt omitted)
- 136 mg potassium
- 11 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
- 3 g sugars
- 2 g protein
- 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus