Delicate baby potatoes sliced in half roast up quickly, and hearty sage leaves blend perfectly with other holiday dishes. Fantastic with my mushroom gravy, these roasted baby potatoes with sage are an easy way to add potatoes to a holiday meal.
I used another bag of potatoes from the Little Potato Company. They are uniform in size, and sliced in half these roast perfectly in 30 minutes. Yum.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, migraine diets, reduced-sugar diets
low-sodium or migraine diets
All of our recipes are gluten-free, sugar-free, and made with plant-based ingredients to help you build a healthy life. Look for midweek posts on meditation, service, and life lessons, helping you create inner balance.
Sage-roasted baby potatoes
- 24 ounces potatoes baby
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp sage leaves (fresh) about 5 fat leaves, or 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp sea salt (reduce or omit for low-sodium diet)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F (180C/gas mark 6).
- Wash the potatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Put in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the oil over the top and toss well to coat.
- Wash and dry the sage leaves, fold in half, and cut away the thick rib on the back. Mince finely and add to the bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- Spray a baking dish and add the potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once after 20 minutes. Taste one. It should split easily with a fork, and be soft inside and crispy and golden on the outside. Serve with mushroom gravy.
- 160 calories
- 4 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 2 g monounsaturated fat
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 1124 mg sodium (0 mg sodium with salt omitted)
- 3 mg potassium
- 28 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fiber
- 2 g sugars
- 3 g protein
- 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus