This recipe was from a dear friend’s mother, who passed away in 2013. I will always think of her when I makde it. It needed no renovation!
vegan, gluten-free, raw, low-sodium, reduced-sugar diets
Raw beet salad
- 1 beets large, any color
- 1 carrots large, any color
- 1 apples green
- 1/2 cup coconut (flakes, unsweetened) (25 g)
- 1 cup pecans walnuts, chopped (115 g)
- 1 tbsp dark toasted sesame oil can be light
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh) grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional
- Combine the oil, vinegar, and ginger in a large bowl and whisk together.
- If you are following a raw foods diet, use cold-pressed sesame oil.
- You can toast the sesame seeds or leave them raw. They add more sesame flavor if you toast them in a dry skillet on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Scrub the beet and carrot and wash the apple. Grate each using a food processor or box grater.
- Toss everything together.
- 129 calories
- 11 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 63 mg sodium (4 mg with changes noted above)
- 128 mg potassium
- 7 g carbohydrate
- 3 g fiber
- 4 g sugars
- 2 g protein
- 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus