You can also pan-grill these quickly, as reader Robin D. did in the photo below.
vegan, gluten-free, reduced-sugar diets
low-sodium or migraine diets
Prosciutto-wrapped dates with cream cheese and jalapeno | Appetizer
- 12 dates fresh, preferably Medjool
- 4 ounces prosciutto no added sugar or nitrates (can omit)
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese can use vegan cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño
- Remove the stem, seeds, and ribs from the jalapeno and then mince finely.
- Mix it well into the softened neufchatel. (Vegans can use Better Than Cream Cheese and omit the prosciutto.)
- Slice open one side of each date and remove the pit.
- Place about a half tablespoon of the cheese mixture inside.
- Take the slices of prosciutto and slice or cut lengthwise.
- If there is a drier/thicker end, start wrapping with that end.
- Roll up each date in a prosciutto slice and put on a toothpick.
- 114 calories
- 3 g fat
- 13 g cholesterol
- 217 mg sodium
- 110 mg potassium
- 19 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fiber
- 15 g sugars
- 4 g protein
- 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus