I can’t remember when I first had mango salsa but it’s been a favorite ever since. You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like. The fresh lime provides the perfect zing to the creamy avocado, fruit and vegetables. You can make it chunky, as pictured, for dipping. Or cut everything much more finely and use as a sauce or side for shrimp, fish, or chicken.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, reduced-sugar diets
- 2 nectarines small, or one large
- 1 mango
- 1 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro coriander, Chinese parsley
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 bell peppers red
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (omit for low-sodium diet)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Cut the nectarine in half and remove the pit. Cut into small or medium-sized pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl. Try to make all the other items the same size.
- If you want a chunky-style salsa, use larger pieces.If you want the salsa to be more refined, you can cut things pretty small.
- Cut up the mango, holding it over the to capture the juice.
- Juice the lime and add to the bowl.
- Halve the jalapeño and the red pepper, removing the ribs, stem, and seeds. Cut up and add.
- Cut up the avocado and add the salt and pepper.
- Mix well, making sure the avocado gets coated with juice to prevent it from browning. You can serve at once or place in the refrigerator for several hours for the flavors to meld.
- 69 calories
- 3 g fat
- 0 g saturated fat
- 2 g monounsaturated fat
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 157 mg sodium (16 mg sodium with salt omitted)
- 238 mg potassium
- 10 g carbohydrate
- 3 g fiber
- 5 g sugars
- 2 g protein
- 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus