At first I wasn’t sure the pumpkin would work, so I mixed a little bit of pumpkin with the soup that was still on the Vitamix tamper. Yum! In it went. Enjoy.
If you use plain roasted cauliflower you have on hand, then add the curry powder to taste. You can make this with full-fat coconut milk and vegetable stock for the dairy-free/vegan version. Paleo and nightshade-avoiding peeps can omit the potato, although the soup will not have quite as much body. Try adding 1 tbsp of ground white chia seeds to thicken it up.
low-sodium, migraine, gluten-free, reduced-sugar, vegan, vegetarian diets (see recipe notes)
You might also like:
Cream of cauliflower soup from The Blender Girl
Roasted cauliflower soup with bacon (paleo) from Paleo Leap
Golden cauliflower soup from The Clothes Make the Girl
Curried cauliflower soup from Cooking Light
Curried cauliflower soup with creamy pumpkin
- 5 ounces potatoes new (about 3 small)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (low-sodium) low-sodium chicken or meat stock is also fine
- 9 ounces cauliflower already roasted (about 2 cups)
- 1 tbsp curry powder (if not already used on roasted cauliflower) start with 1 tsp
- 8.8 ounces pumpkin purée 1 cup
- 1 cup half and half or full-fat coconut milk
- Wash potatoes, cut into chunks, and add to stock in saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place all other ingredients in the blender, starting with 1 tsp of curry. Blend until smooth and taste.
- Heat gently if needed.
- 187 calories
- 13 g fat (lower fat by using light coconut milk)
- 11 g saturated fat
- 1 g monounsaturated fat
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 2 g cholesterol
- 294 mg sodium (lower sodium by using homemade salt-free stock)
- 490 mg potassium
- 18 g carbohydrate
- 4 g fiber
- 4 g sugars
- 4 g protein
- 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus