Thai red curry chicken noodle soup, fabulous flavor, loaded with toppings
The comfort of chicken noodle soup, the spice of Thailand. From the book Soup Swap: Comforting Recipes to Make and Share by Chef Kathy Gunst.
I’m so pleased to be participating in the #SoupSwapParty this month, because it meant I got a sneak peek at this fabulous book by Kathy Gunst, Resident Chef on NPR’s Here & Now.
- Make it without noodles or use shredded green papaya or zoodles and use coconut aminos instead of the soy sauce (for a paleo version)
- Cook Thai rice noodles (for a gluten-free version) according to the package directions. Cook them separately and rinse well in cold water, drain, and then add to the soup.
- Use gluten-free soy sauce, tamari, or Bragg’s liquid aminos (for a gluten-free version)
- Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (for a soy-free version)
- Use vegetable stock and skip the chicken and fish sauce (for a vegan/vegetarian version)
- Omit added salt, soy sauce, and fish sauce (for lower-sodium version). Thai red curry paste is plenty salty on its own.
paleo, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, celiac diets (with adaptations above)
Not recommended for:
low-sodium, migraine diets