You’ll have to make one batch of coconut bacon for this recipe, then stir in as much as you’d like right before serving.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, reduced-sugar diets
Quick smoky white bean & kale soup
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp wine (white)
- 30 ounces white beans organic, Great Northern (use no-salt-added for low-sodium diet)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika pimenton
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 5 sprigs thyme (fresh)
- 1 tsp sea salt (omit for low sodium diet)
- Wash the kale, spin or shake it dry, and remove the stems. Roughly chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and add the kale when it's hot. Saute the kale until wilted, adding the white wine to deglaze the pan, stirring until it is all absorbed.
- Rinse and drain one can of beans and add to the blender with the almond milk, paprika, and white pepper. Blend until smooth. Rinse and drain the other can of beans.
- Stir everything together into a saucepan and heat until warm. If using, add the coconut bacon right before serving (don't cook it with the soup or it will lose its flavor and color).
- 335 calories
- 5 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 3 g monounsaturated fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 728 mg sodium (172 mg sodium with salt omitted)
- 2237 mg potassium
- 73 g carbohydrate
- 19 g fiber
- 2 g sugars
- 24 g protein
- 10 Weight Watchers Points Plus