My how-to series continues with a versatile berry sauce. In this photo, it’s topping my flourless chocolate poppyseed cake.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, migraine, reduced-sugar diets
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Wednesday essays, and Friday giveaways (when available).
How to make berry-vodka sauce
- 8 ounces strawberries or any berries (not raspberries for migraine diet)
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 2 tbsp vodka berry-infused
- Wash the berries and drain. If using strawberries, hull them (use a sharp paring knife to remove the green top and the white inner core attached to the top).
- Put berries in the blender with the other ingredients and blend until well mixed. Refrigerate until cold.
- 28 calories
- 0 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 3 mg sodium
- 58 mg potassium
- 4 g carbohydrate
- 1 g fiber
- 2 g sugars
- 0 g protein
- 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus