Creamy non-dairy soup rich with grilled asparagus flavor.
Okay, I admit it. This is not the prettiest asparagus soup in the world. It’s not. And I almost didn’t put it on the blog. Except. It’s pretty delicious. You can use fresh or frozen asparagus, a grill or grill pan… and it’s non-dairy, meeting just about every special diet need. So here you are. The photo is pretty, though, right? I love the delicate little thyme blossoms.
You might also like:
Grilled asparagus soup
- 16 ounces asparagus spears fresh or frozen
- 4 cups chicken stock (low-sodium) use low-sodium vegetable stock if desired
- 1 cup coconut milk canned, regular or light
- 24 sprigs thyme (fresh) leaves only (or a clamshell package from the market)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper can use black pepper
- If using fresh asparagus, wash the spears and snap off any thick, tough ends. Lightly peel the stalks. If using frozen, thaw completely and drain well, squeezing out excess water.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Spray or oil the grill with high-heat oil.
- Grill asparagus 2-4 minutes per side until tender and charred, turning once.
- Remove to a cutting board with tongs, and roughly chop.
- Blend with remaining ingredients until very smooth. Warm up if needed.
- 163 calories
- 12 g fat
- 11 g saturated fat
- 1 g monounsaturated fat
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 2 g cholesterol
- 168 mg sodium
- 389 mg potassium
- 7 g carbohydrate
- 2 g fiber
- 1 g sugars
- 5 g protein
- 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus