This was inspired by a recipe in the crunchy snack series in Cooking Light in September 2012. Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans.
vegan, gluten-free, low-sodium, migraine, reduced-sugar diets
Today’s post is part of our mission to help you rebuild your health through food and lifestyle choices. Look for posts on Mondays featuring gluten-free, sugar-free recipes made with healthy plant-based ingredients, Tuesday reviews, Wednesday essays, Thursday how-to’s, and Friday giveaways (when available).
Love Spicely spices!
Crunchy spiced chickpea snack
- 31 ounces chickpeas organic, cooked or canned without salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sea salt kosher salt (omit for low-sodium diets)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves (dried, ground)
- 1/4 tsp ginger (dried)
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C/gas mark 2.
- Wrap chickpeas in a towel; lightly roll to loosen skins.
- Whisk the oil with the spices together in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas and stir well to combine.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 40 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Taste after one hour; they might be done at that point.
- 212 calories
- 6 g fat
- 0 g cholesterol
- 410 mg sodium (12 mg sodium with salt omitted, no-salt added beans)
- 321 mg potassium
- 31 g carbohydrate
- 8 g fiber
- 5 g sugars
- 10 g protein
- 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus