**This post contains affiliate links.**
Full credit for this concept goes to Chef Claire Tansey, as the butter/brown sugar/mustard glaze comes from her most recent book Dinner, Uncomplicated. In her book, she tops salmon fillets with this mixture, and it is divine. I started thinking about what else I could put this combination on, saw parsnips in the store, and thought it would be a wonderful pairing, especially for holiday dinners.
Spoiler alert: I was right!
You can watch my episode with Chef Claire in The Blue and Yellow Kitchen here:
Roasted parsnips with butter-brown-sugar-mustard glaze
- 1 pounds parsnips cut into sticks about the same size
- 1 tablespoons butter (unsalted) use your favorite vegan spread to make this vegan
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard (prepared) stone-ground ONLY for this recipe
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C/gas mark 7.
- Peel the parsnips, removing the tops. Cut parsnips into uniform sticks. Melt remaining ingredients in microwave, then pour over the parsnips in your baking dish and stir to coat evenly. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake carrots for 30 minutes, then remove foil. Parsnips should be fork-tender. Bake an additional 10 minutes to caramelize the glaze.